If you think apple cider vinegar is only good for adding a tart flavour to your salad dressing, think again. This powerful and incredible product is popping up all over the holistic health field as its healing properties seem to be never ending. From weight loss to improved insulin levels, apple cider vinegar is a small addition I like to suggest everyone keep stocked in their pantry.
Known to be used for thousands of years, this age-old home remedy is effective for pretty much anything – your skin, your hair, your gut, your house and even your pet’s can reap benefits! Raw, organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar is your new best friend.
This elixir has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-septic and anti-viral properties to it. This means that any ailment you experience that can be traced from bacteria, a virus or a fungus due to low pH levels can also be treated with ACV. These include: allergies, acne, joint pain, sore throat, candida, sinus infections, ear infections, rashes, digestion, stomach ulcers and many more. Adding a shot of ACV into your daily supplement routine is guaranteed to do some good, now lets look a little deeper.
1. Apple cider can detoxify your home. In lieu of using harmful, chemical fueled household products, try switching to diluted ACV and see for yourself just how powerful dem apples are.
2. Natural apple cider vinegar regulates the pH of your skin. Big time bonus. By diluting a small capful of ACV and replacing it with toner or using just before your moisturizer will have you’re skin singing.
3. It can make your hair shine! I recommend diluting some in an old shampoo bottle and applying after shampooing a few days/week. No – you will not smell of the stuff!
4. It can aid in weight loss. Due to acetic acid compounds, a main component of apple cider vinegar, has thus been studied in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, proving this tangy addition has been linked to weight loss and maintenance. Add 2 teaspoons to your water bottle and sip throughout the day.
5. The vinegar bears a positive effect on insulin levels. This makes a great tool for anyone with diabetes, particularly type-2.
6. It can soothe sunburnt skin. Add a cup of ACV to your bath and soak for 10 minutes to relieve discomfort from the sun.
7. Apple cider vinegar can balance your pH levels. The body constantly strives to stay at a constant state of equilibrium. ACV helps the body maintain a healthy alkaline pH level. Low pH levels leads to lack of energy, thus taking a shot when energy is low can be the best natural health booster!
8. It can help detox. All hail ACV. This powerful stuff can help stimulate cardiovascular circulation and help detoxify the liver.
9. Say bye-bye to fleas on your furry friend! One part vinegar and one part water can be sprayed onto your pet and rubbed generously to cover coat. Continue this everyday for a few days up to a week, any infestation surely shall be gone.
10. It can help rid your body of candida. Rich in natural enzymes that can help rid your body of candida – excellent for decreasing symptoms of fatigue, poor memory, sugar cravings and yeast infections.
There you have it people! A quick list of 10 ways to incorporate this lovely product into your daily lives. The list could go on – and I recommend doing your own research to seek the never-ending benefits of the stuff! May I also suggest my favourite brand – BRAGG – they offer a wonderful product trusted and reliable!
Written by Breathe in Life guide and holistic nutritionist Meghan Trompetter