There are many benefits to drinking coffee, from shielding skin cancer and lowering rates of type-2 diabetes to protecting one from Parkinson’s disease. However, your acidic cup of coffee can cause heartburn and major discomfort in your stomach that could put a damper on your day.
But fear not! There is a recipe that will be easy on your stomach, and will give you a healthy jolt of energy to keep you going all day. It is definitely not your typical cup of coffee, but it is one worth incorporating into your daily caffeine run.
Photo via davidwolfe.com
Makes a pitcher for the week (or days if you drink more than a few cups a day)
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp organic ground vanilla bean (optional – for vanilla lovers)
- 4 cups coffee ground (your favorite roast) or herbal coffee
- 1 cup raw organic vanilla or vegan protein powder
- 10 dates (recommend them to be pitted)
- 2 cups coconut milk (can also use rice milk, almond milk, cashew milk – whatever makes you happy! Just try to stay away from fatty dairies like creamers or whole milk)
- Brew coffee with spices.
- Blend coffee, coconut milk, dates and powder in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Enjoy each morning to wake you up, energize you and keep you feeling satisfied, without the crash.
Recipe via David Wolfe