PREP TIME10 minsCOOK TIME25 minsTOTAL TIME35 mins
- 1 2-3 lb. spaghetti squash
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp clarified butter/ ghee
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and sliced into longer strips if possible
- 1½ cup mushrooms
- 1 cup kale
- ¼ tsp rosemary (I used fresh, but dried would work too)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: parmesan cheese*
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice squash in half, remove seeds and place on baking sheet.
- Brush 2 tbsp olive oil on both sides of the squash (1 tbsp per half) and then place face down in the oven.
- While squash is roasting, melt butter and last 2 tbsp oil over medium-high in a large skillet.
- Add onions to skillet, stirring occasionally. After 5 minutes, add mushrooms.
- After approximately 10 minutes, the onions should start to caramelize. If they look like they’re burning at all, add an extra tablespoon of oil.
- Add kale to skillet and continue to stir everything together until onions turn a nice golden brown color.
- After 25 minutes, remove squash from oven and allow 10 or so minutes for it to cool off.
- Once slightly cooler, use a fork to remove “spaghetti” from squash and place in a skillet; add rosemary, salt and pepper and stir everything together.
- Add parmesan cheese if you wish and enjoy!
NOTES*I didn’t use cheese, but feel free to add it–I’m sure it would be delicious!Recipe by The Almond Eater